Wisconsin Rocks the Status Quo

Check out this rockin video.

It really made me feel emotional, this is what a democracy is all about. It really choked me up to see the men and women standing together and telling the Governor to back off our public workers rights to make a living wage and retire with dignity and respect. Their white-collar republicans who never got dirt under their finger nails or broke a sweat working to put bread on the table are cutting into public workers pensions. Instead they are bailing out the banks and raising interest rates. The fact that public workers face cookie-cutter contracts and the denial of collective bargaining is an outrage that all workers and their families should cry FOUL!!! My Dad is rolling in his grave right now, his union job allowed his 6 kids to go to private school and all of us give back to our communities.

Here in California we worked desperately hard to prevent the e-bay queen- Meg Whitman from being elected Governor of our state. It’s too bad Wisconsin can’t kick their Governor to the curb. We would be seeing the same thing here if not for Jerry Brown. We all have tough decisions to make to balance budgets that we had nothing to do with the mismanagement of funds. Instead the legislature in Wisconsin wants to blame the public workers for being lazy fat cats. I beg to differ. We are the first ones they come to when it’s time to rescue their butts from tragedy, teach their kids, remove their trash or tend to the millions of jobs that it takes to keep our infrastructure going.
What do you think- is this just dessert for Wisconsin or should the Republicans reconsider cutting the pie a different way?

7 comments for “Wisconsin Rocks the Status Quo

1. Desi Murray
    February 22, 2011 at 3:03 am

Great piece Rita – spot on

2. Brenda
    February 22, 2011 at 3:21 am

If I was that sorry governor I think I would reconsider. Go Wisconsin!

3. Donna
    February 22, 2011 at 4:12 am

Well said, Rita.

4. Glenys Wilbur
    February 22, 2011 at 5:05 am

Rita, this has been on my mind since last week when it started. People in other countries are risking their lives for democracy right now. The world is changing by the hour. And Gov. Walker wants to take us the other way. I know the states are broke, but it’s not because of us. Good on the people of WI for their fight. I’m sure this isn’t what the public workers bargained for when they elected him, but I doubt they were the ones who voted for him anyway. They need to look inside themselves for the answers, not point the finger at the trash collectors and nurses. Democracy includes collective bargaining.

5. Brenda Gray
    February 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I heard on the news last night that the corporations like AT&T, microsoft and Apple don’t pay taxes to the Wisconsin state gov. Jeez. And the government is broke? Don’t let the gov do this to you Wisconsin!

6. pattylong@cox.net
    February 22, 2011 at 5:20 pm

What is the sense in cutting taxes if their are no jobs. The governor is short sighted.

7. March 15, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Thanks for following me on twitter.
    Best of luck with your campaigns and projects.
    If I can help in some way let me know – I’ve a blog with a small but growing following too.
    Take care,